RIYADH – Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain have agreed to classify 59 individuals and 12 entities they say are “linked to Qatar” in its banned terrorist lists.

This came in a joint statement issued by the four countries and published by their official agencies.

Among the most prominent participants in the joint list is Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, president of the World Union of Muslim Scholars, and Qatari charitable organizations.

“The four countries have agreed to classify 59 individuals and 12 entities on their banned terrorist lists, which will be updated in succession and announced,” the statement said.

The statement pointed out that “the list listed linked to Qatar and serve suspicious agendas in an indication of the dual policy of the country, which declares the fight against terrorism, on the one hand, funding and support and harboring various terrorist organizations on the other.”

The four countries reiterated their commitment to strengthening all efforts to combat terrorism and establish security and stability in the region.

“It will not hesitate to pursue individuals and groups and will support all means in this context at the regional and international levels. It will continue to combat terrorist activities and to target the financing of terrorism, regardless of its source.”

The list includes figures and entities with the nationality of Qatar, Jordan, Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Among the most prominent figures on the list of Egypt’s leading leader of the Islamic Group, Assem Abdul-Maged and the head of the party of construction and development (Islamic opposition) Tariq al-Zomor, an Islamic preacher and Gadi Ghoneim.

Another prominent figures on the list is Sadiq al-Ghuraini (Mufti previously appointed by the National Congress before being removed by the House of Representatives, which is opposed to the government of reconciliation and political dialogue), and Ali Muhammad Mohammed al-Salabi (a prominent writer, historian and Islamic leader in Libya), Ismail al- Rafiq al-Sahati, a member of the Shura Council of the Benghazi rebels (rebels who took part in the overthrow of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime in 2011) and Abdul Hakim Belhadj (head of the National Party, former head of the Tripoli military council).

One person the ruling family in Qatar, Abdullah bin Khalid al-Thani, was also listed. Qatar also included Abdul Rahman bin Omar al-Nuaimi.

The list also includes charitable and voluntary organizations in Qatar, notably Qatar Voluntary Center, Qatar Charity, Sheikh Eid Al Thani Charity Foundation and Sheikh Thani Bin Abdullah Humanitarian Services Foundation.

Qatar was not immediately available for comment on the four-nation statement.

Since Monday, seven countries have cut off diplomatic ties with Qatar – Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Yemen, Mauritania and the Comoros – and accused them of “supporting terrorism” in the worst crack in years.

Jordan and Djibouti have announced a reduction in their diplomatic representation with Doha, and Senegal and Chad have decided to recall their ambassadors to Qatar for “consultation.”

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Egypt have announced the closure of their land, sea and air borders with Qatar, according to its borders.

For its part, Qatar denied the accusations made by Gulf countries to support terrorism and said it faced a campaign of fabrications and lies reached the level of full fabrication in order to impose the custody of them, and pressure them to give up its national decision.

Subscribe for our email updates…

Email

Raah Tv Live

About Raah TV

Raah TV is a Pakistani infotainment web channel with a vision to promote positivity, optimism and hope.